International Trade and Transactions
Airbus to Pay Over $3.9 Billion to Resolve Global Bribery and ITAR Cases - January, 31, 2020
USMCA Signed into Law; Lengthy Implementation Steps to Come - January, 29, 2020
DOJ Cracking Down on Universities Exporting Research and Technology to China - January, 28, 2020
Initial Export Control Reform Review of USML Concludes with Final Rules for the Transition of USML Categories I, II, and III - January, 23, 2020
Treasury Department Implements Final Regulations Broadening CFIUS's Jurisdiction - January, 13, 2020
Click here to read more industry updates.
McGinnis Lochridge represents a diverse group of US and foreign clients on cross-border commercial matters, including import/export compliance counseling, sanctions and anti-bribery compliance, supply chain integrity, cross-border investments, and sales, distribution, JV, and licensing transactions throughout the globe. We have international transactional experience in over seventy-five countries, including developing markets in Asia, Africa, Latin America, and the North Africa/Middle East region.
Global Access With Affiliated Firms in 82 Counties
McGinnis Lochridge is a member of SCG Legal (formerly the State Capital Group), a worldwide affiliation of more than 145 preeminent, independent law firms in over 82 countries.
SCG Legal provides the international practice at McGinnis Lochridge access to prompt, quality local counsel worldwide. As a member firm, we can connect our clients to local or regional experts anywhere in the world, using the network to identify an attorney or attorneys of another member firm with the expertise to help solve our clients’ legal and business challenges.
Our experience includes:
- Representing exporters and importers in the US and abroad concerning trade regulation, compliance programs, governmental investigations, and voluntary disclosures.
- Counseling multinationals businesses—from oilfield service and equipment companies, to computer manufacturers and international charities—regarding the formulation and implementation of business ethics compliance programs.
- Representing US and international manufacturers on cross-border sales contracts, distribution agreements, sales rep agreements, procurement activities, and the creation of foreign subsidiaries and branches throughout the world.
- Counseling to US and foreign electronics and software firms regarding worldwide technology and software licensing terms.
- Advising US technology and manufacturing companies with respect to OEM and joint development agreements in China, Malaysia, the Philippines, Mexico, Germany, Taiwan, and other markets.
- Advising a wide range of industries such as start-up technology companies and multinational manufacturers, regarding structuring of cross-border businesses, including plans to take advantage of bilateral investment treaty protections, regulatory benefits, tax-advantaged arrangements (including IC-DISC), and asset havens.
- Advising foreign business investors and family offices from Asia, Latin America, and Europe regarding the advantageous structuring of investments, trusts, and affiliated entities in the United States.
- Representing US and foreign clients in cross-border litigation and arbitrations regarding investment disputes (including ICSID arbitrations) expropriation claims, contract disputes, IP theft, and other contested matters.
- Advising manufacturers and consumer products companies on vendor terms and supply chain integrity to reflect evolving regulatory obligations, manage corporate social responsibility, to mitigate brand and legal risk in their global procurement and investment activities.
View our International Practice Group brochure here.
INTERNATIONAL TRADE & TRANSACTIONS NEWSLETTER
Our International Trade & Transactions Newsletter keeps clients informed of key updates on export, sanctions, customs, and other international compliance matters impacting US entities involved in cross-border transactions. View recent publications here.